A medical assistant (MA) can be a Registered or Certified health care employee who performs the organizational and medical duties or both. A medical assistant is always important for a health care center as the majority of the physician’s are always held up with the patients health check-up, surgeries and similar clinical duties. Basically, they are very busy for doing these tasks by themselves.
However, medical assistants are not same as the physician assistants. A medical assistant has the responsibility to educate the patients on the subject of their prescription medicines, individual diets, nourishment, nutrition, proper food pattern and so on. For this reason, medical assistants are trained in handling all these duties while they study in a medical assistant training school. In order to provide the right guidance to the patients about their nourishment, personal diet pattern, nutrition and other related areas, medical assistants will have a course in nourishment and human digestive system in their training program.
Additionally, the majority of the medical assistants have the need to perform a lot of clerical duties as well. These tasks include – responding to the phone calls, welcoming the patients, filling up the medical indemnity forms, filling up and revising the medical records of the patients’, scheduling the appointments, handling the e-mail’s, making arrangements for the hospital admittance and lab tests for the patients, managing the medical billing and accounting. Furthermore, a medical assistant should handle the finance, accounts and other monetary tasks in a health care service center.
Hence, training for managing financial tasks will also be provided as a part of their medical assisting training program. However, the exact responsibilities of a medical assistant may show a discrepancy based on the particular state law.
Detailed viewpoint about training in nourishment, human digestive system and office administration courses:
In these courses, students who enter into the medical assistance training program will learn about nourishment, human digestive system, diet, first aid measures and monetary supervision or administration. Typically, this course in the medical assisting training program will teach the respective students about the hospital or health care setting, urgent situations in the workplace and first aid measures along with an prominence on the appropriate bandaging methods for treating injuries, abrasions and lesions.
In the nourishment, human digestive system and office administration courses, the medical assistant students will gain knowledge about:
- The exact role of the medical assistant in the disaster attentiveness and how to help the patients and the employees dynamically in the workplace before, during and after a disaster or a catastrophe.
- The healthiness, fitness, proper health condition, proper nourishment, diet, food pattern, nutrition, healthy weight management, approaches and control are some of the main subject matters that are taught to the students in order to promote fitness, well-being and healthiness in the patients.
- The essential and basics of human structure (anatomy) and human bodily processes (physiology), general illnesses and sicknesses, health disorders and medical terms (or expressions) of the human digestive system.
- The employment of clinical and administrative tasks in the electronic or computer health records.
- The secretarial, office & accounting procedures, handling balance sheets, accounts receiving and billing procedures, money administration, banking procedures and about the procedures involved in writing checks. These administrative tasks that involve financial management is indispensable for the successful functioning of a health care organization.