In modern times, the medical assisting line of work has turned out to be a crucial profession in the health care meadow. In recent times, many doctor’s and physicians are more dependent on the medical assistants for performing the entire front & back office tasks or responsibilities. At present, the services of all professional medical assistants are indispensable in several health check offices, health rehabilitation centers, urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory treatment suppliers, treatment centers, therapy spas, home wellness organizations, clinical tools supplying companies, pharmaceutical business and indemnity providers.
The learning or edifying objective of medical assisting program is to donate the graduates with the essential skills that are necessary for an entry-level job position in hospitals, clinics and an assortment of healthcare environments.
Various important learning objectives
- A Medical assistant should have power over the comprehensive knowledge of moral values and disciplines of the medical field. He/she should employ them while coping with all doctors, medical staff and patients.
- In general, medical assistant students will learn about the arrangement, construction, make-up, roles and functioning of the major human body network and systems in tandem with the vital medical terms and expressions.
- The medical assisting course will furnish the respective students with a methodical foreword to infection preventing procedures and medical guiding principles in addition to several safety methods. This also takes account of the significance of ‘Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)’ in a health care milieu.
- Medical assisting students will become skilled at fundamental ideologies for interrogating a patient and in receiving his/her health history in order to demonstrate them to the doctor for providing further treatment.
- Students also learn about the vital therapeutic & diagnostic procedures, imperative computer expertise, directorial or administrative processes, office, finance and secretarial concepts and the different ways to process the medical insurance bills, claims and forms of the patients.
- Performing and executing the medical procedures such as recording the important health symptoms and signs of the patients, carrying out the habitual medical office & lab procedures, helping the patients to get ready for physical examinations and helping out the doctor with all these health examinations.
- All students are acquainted to the basics preparation and methods to help out the physicians with the in-office surgical procedures and be trained to perform crucial procedures in the sanitizing the medical tools and equipments, sterilization and disinfecting process.
- Students will also be taught about ‘Phlebotomy’ procedures and will be asked to perform many ‘Clinical laboratory enhancement modification waived examination’.
- Also, all clinical procedure courses will help the students to understand and perform vital procedures while they come across any medical emergencies such as, breathing termination, heart-attack and different types of injuries and wounds. Students may also be given a chance to get ‘first-aid certification’ in addition to the ‘CPR certification’.
Medical assistants will be trained to clearly demonstrate about the ‘aseptic’ hand cleaning, patient body weight and height measurement and appropriate positioning and draping of patients for a range of health examinations and specialty health assessments together with:
1. Physical treatment
2. Pelvic and pap smear procedures
3. Crucial pregnancy examinations for women
4. Ear and eye procedures
5. Taking electrocardiogram
6. Performing venipuncture